Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Update on Chi Running

I have not finished the book, yet. I've been doing the exercises and trying out "Chi Running" as I'm going. So far, it's great, but challenging. My biggest issue is posture. Holding that posture is tough for me, but I can feel that it has affected my running and I feel better when I have correct posture.

When I run "Chi Running" style, I can feel the difference in my body immediately. Last Thursday, I had an easy run. I ran for 4.5 miles. I praticed my "form" the whole time. The first half was bit of a challenge for me, but as I proceeded and got more comfortable, it eventually felt effortless and like I was floating. My "Runner's High", at the end was exhilarating! I've NEVER had a runner's high like I did that day. It lasted for hours. It was the best I've felt running in a very long time.

Last night, I went and ran on the treadmill. It was much more challenging then running outside. I have to admit, my knee is a bit achy today. Part of my training required me to run today, but I'm taking today off. I don't want to over-do it or re-injure my knee.
So, I will keep going and let you know what I think as I progress. I think I might purchase the video as well. I'm a visual learner and I like to see how these things are done. So, I will keep you posted on that as well.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment