Thursday, February 17, 2011

What's for dinner??? Garlic & Onion Chicken!

Last time I stepped into Harmon's I bought myself some organic, free range, no-antibiotic's or hormone chicken. I was so excited to eat it, but I wasn't sure what to make.
I saw this seasoning in my cupboard, and decided it would be yum!

This is what you will need:
1 lb Organic Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast
2 cups Organic Chicken Broth
Onion and Garlic Seasoning (My Mother-in-Law got this from TJ Max)
Salt/Pepper to taste
2 tbsp. Olive Oil

This is how I made it:
I got my crock pot out. Turned it to high, poured in 2 cups of chicken broth. (let it warm up while you are getting the chicken ready)
In a zip-lock bag, I threw the chicken, 1 tbsp. of olive oil, salt/pepper, onion & Garlic seasoning.
I coated the chicken. (Adding some fresh lemon and thyme would be yum! I Just didn't have any)
Warm the skillet with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Once warm, add chicken. Let brown, turn over, let the other side brown.
Then place the chicken in the crock pot. Let cook for 1 hr on high. Turn down to low or warm for another 1/2 hr to 1hr.

I steamed some broccoli to go with this meal, but I had a whole breast left over. So, the next day I had that and a spinach salad for lunch!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. when are you going to try your recipes out on your old, nutrition deprived, mom?

    ReplyDelete